Candidates should make a budget before applying to the programme. CERAH can only offer a very limited number of scholarships to students selected for the Master and Diploma in Humanitarian Action, as well as for the distance learning Certificate Designing strategies and projects for humanitarian action. These scholarships are only available under certain conditions. Candidates are thus strongly encouraged to search for financial support on their own and as early as possible.



Living expenses for a student in Geneva are estimated at about CHF 2,000 per month. This sum includes expenses such as accommodation, health insurance, local transport and meals. The sum does not include travel to and from Geneva or the costs of obtaining a visa.

More detailed information on your student budget, expenses and useful addresses under Studying in Geneva.



The Service de la solidarité internationale of the Canton of Geneva and the Wilsdorf Foundation provide students of the MAS, the DAS and the CAS-HDL Designing strategies and projects in humanitarian action scholarships to partially cover the registration fees and/or living expenses in Geneva. These scholarships are attributed and administered by CERAH. Only students who come from and work in one of the countries designated in the DAC list of ODA Recipients are eligible for scholarships (excluded 4th column: upper middle income countries and territories). The deposit is not part of the scholarship.

Candidates can apply for a scholarship by filling in the online application form.

Please note that we expect all students to contribute towards the cost of their education. The selection committee takes into account individuals’ financial contribution.

We strongly advise you to look for your own financial support.

educational support


Candidates who have paid Geneva taxes for at least one year can apply for a "chèque annuel de formation" (training subsidy) which amounts to a maximum of CHF 2,250.  A request should be made to the OFPC before the start of the course.

For more information, please contact the OFPC.