- Professionals in the humanitarian, development or social sector looking to develop their competencies as well as reflect and capitalise on their experiences
- Professionals from other sectors who wish to increase their understanding of the humanitarian sector for a potential career change
- Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a post-graduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian sector.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent university degree requiring three years of study, plus a minimum of two years work experience in the humanitarian, social or development sector or Hold a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent university degree requiring three years of study and at least five years work experience in another sector and wish to transfer to the humanitarian sector.
english language requirements
All classes at CERAH are delivered in English. All students must have an excellent command of English. Students whose mother tongue is not English, who do not have secondary or post-secondary qualifications taught in English or who have not spent a minimum of one year studying full-time at a university level in English (please provide transcripts certifying that courses were delivered in English), must provide a certificate to prove their mastery of English.
Recognised tests and scores:
- TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language): Internet-test : 100
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) : 7.0
- CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English, Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge) : B-C
- CAE (Cambridge Advanced English, Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge) : B-C
The MAS is open to maximum 30 students per year. Admission is based on the overall quality of the application, including academic achievement, quality of application documents, relevance of previous work experience and English language skills.
The Selection Committee examines the quality of the applications and aims to reach a balance between the number of men and women, educational profiles and professional experience, geographical distribution and financial contribution.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ONLINE ENROLLMENT
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of the certificate for the highest educational qualification obtained
- Proof of English language competence (TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent)
- Copies of work certificates from last two job positions
- Two letters of recommendation
- A passport photo (jpg format)
- Scanned copy of the passport
- Regular academic year (starting in September)
- with scholarship/visa: For candidates who wish to apply for a scholarship and/or who need an entry visa for Switzerland, application deadline is February (before the academic year).
- all other candidates: applications are open until July (before the academic year).
- Candidates without scholarship can also enroll to the Master during the current academic year.
To submit your enrollment:
- Duly fill in the form on the online enrollment platform
- Upload all requested documents (check your scholarship eligibility beforehand: see Fees & Scholarship)
- Register to the correct programme
You will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
Should you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com