NEGOTIATION IN HUMANITARIAN crises
Next session: 25-29 May, 2020
This executive short course is a full time training which focuses on the design of adapted negotiation strategies, as well as the development of participant’s self-awareness.
- Identify the frame and principles on which humanitarian negotiation is based
- Define the objectives and specificities of humanitarian negotiation
- Select and manage the most appropriate interaction and communication modes with various stakeholders while in a negotiation process
- Discover one’s personal style as negotiator
- Identifying types of humanitarian negotiations: access / activities / security
- Designing a negotiation : analysis, strategy, face to face and follow up
- Practice of emotional intelligence, active listening
- Professionals in the humanitarian, development or social sector looking to develop their competencies as well as reflect and capitalise on their experiences.
- Professionals from other sectors who wish to increase their understanding of the humanitarian sector for a potential career change.
- Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a post-graduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian sector.
2 ECTS - Credits recognized by the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies.