DESIGNING AN ADVOCACY STRATEGY FOR HUMANITARIAN ACTION
next session: 4-8 MAy, 2020
This executive short course helps develop strategic skills to better analyse specific contexts, map stakeholders, and design effective advocacy strategies in support of operational humanitarian projects.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Elaborate an advocacy plan to support programmatic objectives in humanitarian interventions
- Define the principal steps for implementation of the advocacy plan
- Master key tools and concepts to use in advocacy efforts (campaign, lobby, stakeholder
- mapping advocacy plan of action…)
- Limits and potential of advocacy in humanitarian crises
- Stakeholder mapping
- Strategy of advocacy
- Professionals in the humanitarian, development or social sector looking to develop their competencies as well as reflect and capitalise on their experiences.
- Professionals from other sectors who wish to increase their understanding of the humanitarian sector for a potential career change.
- Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a post-graduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian sector.
2 ECTS - Credits recognized by the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies.
Jean-Marc BIQUET, CERAH