Diploma IN ADVANCED STUDIES IN HUMANITARIAN ACTION (DAS)
19 weeks / 30 ECTS CREDITS
The Diploma of Advanced Studies (DAS) aims to offer professionals a strong understanding of the contemporary humanitarian challenges through a comprehensive overview of conceptual and operational aspects of humanitarian past and present crises.
In terms of knowledge:
• Understand the nature of humanitarian work and its ecosystem
• Understand the foundations of humanitarianism
In terms of skills:
• Critically analyse the concepts and practices of humanitarian action
• Build relevant arguments regarding these concepts and practices
• Define a well-argued positioning
In terms of behaviour/soft skills:
• Provide constructive feedback and criticisms
The course is divided in five modules:
M2: Contexts, Actions and Consequences
M3: Revisiting Vulnerability and Needs
M4: Humanitarian Governance, Norms and Principles
M5: The Humanitarians
- Professionals in the humanitarian, development or social sector looking to develop their competencies as well as reflect and capitalise on their experiences
- Professionals from other sectors who wish to increase their understanding of the humanitarian sector for a potential career change
- Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a post-graduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian sector.
30 ECTS credits. Once the students successfully complete the Diploma of Advanced Studies in Humanitarian Action's full programme according to CERAH requirements, they obtain a joint degree delivered by the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID) and the University of Geneva (UNIGE).
Prof. Karl BLANCHET, CERAH