TSC - ADVOCACY FOR HUMANITARIAN PROJECTS IN HEALTH
next session: January 7 - 11, 2019
You want to know how advocacy can be developed to improve health care for people in crises situations? This short course will be of interest for you: improve your skills and discover new tools to develop effective advocacy strategies for humanitarian interventions in the area of health.
The course is delivered in partnership with Médecins sans Frontières (MSF).
Using lectures, case studies and discussions, the general objective of the seminar is for participants to acquire the tools and skills adapted for effective advocacy of humanitarian interventions in the area of health.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Elaborate an advocacy plan to support programmatic objectives in medical humanitarian interventions
- Define the principal steps for development and implementation of the advocacy plan
- Choose the appropriate methodology for advocacy efforts according to the targeted audiences
Learning outcomes in terms of knowledge - Understanding of
- The different objectives and steps of an Advocacy strategy Argue the role of advocacy in the field of medical humanitarian actions
Learning outcomes in terms of skills - Capacity to
- Determine which advocacy efforts to build up in a specific circumstance
- Elaborate and implement an advocacy strategy to support programmatic objectives in medical humanitarian actions
- Use of a stakeholder mapping tool
Learning outcomes in terms of analytical competencies - Ability to
- Identify appropriate activities and tools for advocacy according to the issue at stake in a given context
- Analyze the epidemiological situation and existing responses in the light of health policy
2 ECTS - Credits recognized by the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies.