CERAH was created in its present form in 2008 by an agreement between The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID) and the University of Geneva (UNIGE).
The Supervisory Committee
It is the general supervisory body. The Rector of UNIGE and the Director of IHEID sit on the Committee. The Committee’s main tasks are:
- Nominate the president of the CERAH Board of Directors on the basis of a recommendation from the board;
- Monitor the application of the strategy proposed by the board, and ensure that it falls within the framework of the general strategy of the University and the IHEID;
- Approve the annual budget and accounts in addition to the annual report.
The Board of Directors
It is the strategic governing body. It is composed of representatives from UNIGE, IHEID and several humanitarian organizations. In addition, two eminent individuals are co-opted to serve on the board. Its tasks are:
- Define CERAH's strategy;
- Identify, orient and ensure the implementation and internal oversight of teaching, research and other activities in order to achieve the Centre's objectives;
- Develop and transmit course regulations to the competent authorities and oversee their application;
- Deal with conflicts involving students through a Mediation Commission established within the Board.
Current Members of the Board of Directors:
Honorary Chairpersons (in chronological order since 1998):
- Prof Timothy Harding, Professor Emeritus, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva
- Prof Jean-Jacques Wagner, Professor Emeritus, Faculty of Sciences, University of Geneva
- Prof Claude Le Coultre, Professor Emeritus, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva
- Prof Christian-Nils Robert, Professor Emeritus, Faculty of Law, University of Geneva