Helena Merelo - Education and Research in Humanitarian Action
Helena has 15 years of experience as humanitarian professional, including 8 years in the field as program manager in different contexts such Central and South America (1999-2002), Balkans (2002-2005) and North of Africa (2015-2018) inside Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. In 2005, Helena joined Spanish Red Cross headquarters in Madrid and moved to Geneva on 2010 to become part of IFRC Livelihoods Resource Centre’s team. Currently she’s living in Geneva where she turned her knowledges and experiences in teaching to humanitarian professionals. She is a certified professional trainer and facilitator specialized in project management and humanitarian new trends.
Helena has a B.A. in Public Law, a Master in European Law (ULB-Brussels), a Master in Humanitarian Aid (NOHA Network), and numerous trainings related to international humanitarian and development issues.
- Coordinator - HDL Designing Strategies and Projects in Humanitarian Action
Fields of Interest
- Project management (needs assessment, design, monitoring and evaluation)
- Participatory approaches - community based
- Organizational development
- New humanitarian operational challenges