Dr Edith Favoreu
Edith Favoreu is CERAH Deputy Director. She currently coordinates the CAS “Designing Strategies and Projects for Humanitarian Action” and the “Humanitarian Distance Learning” Program.
Edith Favoreu holds degrees in Public Law (1999), International Law (2000) and Political Science (2000), a Professional Master in Humanitarian Action (2001) and a Research Master in Protection and Humanitarian Security (2005). She holds a PhD in comparative public law focusing on ethno cultural diversity in the context of a Nation. Since 2005, she has delivered courses and seminars at the Institute of International Humanitarian Studies at Aix en Provence University (part of the NOHA network). After working for Bioforce (French Training Institute) as Project Manager, she held the position of Training Manager at Eirene-Switzerland which provides training to Swiss aid development workers. She joined CERAH in 2010 as Head of Training.
She has worked in development aid in fragile context and post-conflict areas for over sixteen years in the field and at headquarters of national and international NGOs as well as for UNESCO. She has established several local capacity-strengthening initiatives particularly through the creation of and support to national and local NGOs.
She used to facilitate participative workshops and coordinate collaborative and interdisciplinary projects.
- Deputy Director
- Coordinator CAS Designing Strategies and Projects for Humanitarian Action
- Coordinator HDL CAS Designing Strategies and Projects for Humanitarian Action (Humanitarian Distance Learning)
Fields of Interest
- Humanitarian challenges and dilemmas ( link between Humanitarian aid and development one, Link between emergency and development, Relationship between national and international actors, Localisation)
- Strategic design ( Institutional and operational strategies- Change management, Learning and development)
- Management in Humanitarian action (Project cycle management- People management)
- Participatory approaches and partnership (Capacity and capability strengthening, Empowerment; Gender; Participation, Decentralization, Democratization)
- Conflicts dynamics and conflict prevention (Gender and conflict, Identity in conflicts, International and transitional justice, National reconciliation processes, State and nation building, Management of ethno cultural diversity)
- Professionalisation within humanitarian sector (Auality, Accountability, Learning processes)
- Distance learning programme, Adult training/learning; Knowledge transfer into working situation; Inter-modality
- Gross National Happiness
- Edith Favoreu, « Strengthening national capacitites from rhetoric to reality, from theory to practice », Humanitarian Aid on the move #17, 2016
- Eftihia Voutira, Jónína Einarsdóttir, Sigríður Baldursdóttir, Plama Hristova, Edith Kolo Favoreu, Tanya Wood, Kalliope Agapiou-Josephides,Constantinos Hadjisavvas, «Emerging trends in humanitarian action and professionalization of humanitarian aid workers», EUPHRA, 2014
- Edith KOLO FAVOREU, Les acteurs locaux, « laissés pour compte » ? Plaidoyer pour un empowerment collectif national, in Haïti, Réinventer l’avenir, Paris, Maison des sciences de l’homme, 2012.
- Edith KOLO FAVOREU, « De la reconnaissance des identités ethnoculturelles à la consécration juridique de la diversité », in Identité(s), 3ème journée de l'Ecole Doctorale n° 67 - Sciences Juridiques et Politiques, 6 juin 2008 – Aix-en-Provence, PUAM, 2010.